Seeking media, communications and internet policy expertise for your next event, conference, or workshop? Cross-Pollinate Consulting Solutions offers support to your organization in finding the right speaker, preparing the speaker for your audience, and supporting any advance or post- event needs you have with regards to the speaker.
In addition, Susan Abbott, is also available to speak at your next event. Abbott regularly attends academic and NGO conferences, workshops, and symposia on matters related to:
- media and democratization,
- international assistance and foreign aid channeled to support media and communications development,
- scholar-practitioner partnerships to improve the state of media systems, policy, and advocacy efforts, and
- monitoring and evaluation practices of NGOs, donors and academics working on media, policy advocacy, and democracy and governance support.
Some of the recent events Abbott has spoken at include:
- Roundtable Presenter, “The Reconfiguring of Control in Cyberspace,” Association of Internet Researchers Conference, Denver, fall 2013
- Panelist, “Models of Media Development: A Comparative Look at How Academics, NGOs and Donors Assess the Contribution and Impact of Media in International Development,” American Evaluation Association, Washington, DC, fall 2013
- Facilitator, Challenges and Opportunities for Monitoring and Evaluating 21st Century Media Development Roundtable Presentation, American Evaluation Association, Washington, DC, fall 2013
- Chair, Panel Discussion on “The Open Society Foundation’s Mapping Digital Media Initiative: Global Communications Research to Support Policymaking,” International Association of Media and Communication Research Dublin Conference, summer 2013
- Panelist, “Speaking truth to power about gender and communication: International and regional policy developments towards Beijing +20,” International Association of Media and Communication Research Dublin Conference, summer 2013
- Presented paper (co-authored with Maureen Taylor, University of Oklahoma) “Measuring the Impact of Media Development: Beyond the Evaluation Imperative” at the American Evaluation Association, Minnesota, fall 2012
- Presented paper on: “Measuring Media Development: Roles for Media Development Organizations, Researchers and Educators,” International Association of Media and Communication Research Istanbul Conference, summer 2011